Saturday, May 8, 2010

Reality of Life

I'd like to share a story one of my dear friends shared with me last night.

If you haven't picked up on it yet, I'm finishing medical school and moving cross country. Tons of my classmates are doing the same thing right now. If you've ever packed up a whole house/apartment, you know that you often collect a pile of things that you don't need anymore, but are still in good condition. So, my dear friend dropped off some of her extra belongings at the homeless shelter yesterday. In the mean time, she had empty boxes in her back seat to use for packing. As she was unloading her car, she had to take out the boxes. A homeless man came up to her and asked if he could have the boxes for a bed. Can you imagine? I never even thought to donate large boxes before.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...