Saturday, May 1, 2010

I ran almost a mile today!

I used to call myself a runner, but with my knee pain for so many years, I really haven't been able to run. In fact, I think the last time I went for a true run was about 4 years ago. Since it's been about 8 months since my knee surgery and it's warm out again, I figured I'd give running a try. I'm happy to say I ran almost a mile today. I probably would have ran a full mile if it didn't end with a super hill and I didn't have my wallet and cell phone in my pocket hitting my thighs with each step (I was on the way to the Farmer's Market). I used to hate running distance at tracks, but I might try that next since it's a softer service--at the very least I should find a short trail.

I had a slight twinge in my knee as I was running, but it was definitely tolerable. It now hurts slightly in my left quad (side of bad knee) when I go down the stairs, but other than that I think I'm feeling ok. Today's run was no where near the speed or distance I'd like to achieve again eventually, but it's a start!

1 comments:

Alee said...

Awesome job! I love love love running. Hope you can get back into it. I think you'll be surprised at how much you really missed those endorphin highs! :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...