Sunday, November 22, 2009

Buffalo Chicken Dip

The Baltimore Nesties call this "crack dip" because it's so addicting. I heard so much about it I finally decided to give a try. I loved it! And an added bonus, Joe liked it too. This is definitely more an appetizer than a meal, but since we didn't have any parties coming up, I made it into a meal. I followed MrsNDM's recipe on Baltimore Nestie's Cooking Blog. Since it was only the two of us, I halved the original recipe and think it would still be plenty for a party of 6 or so. I preferred celery and carrots as the dippers over bread and tortilla chips.

INGREDIENTS:

4 cups boiled, shredded chicken breast
12-oz bottle Frank’s Buffalo Wing sauce (not hot sauce)
1 cup ranch or blue cheese dressing (I used ranch, not a big blue cheese fan)
16 oz cream cheese (2 packages, softened – not low fat b/c the texture is different)
1 cup shredded cheese (I used cheddar and loved it!)

DIRECTIONS:

Mix the softened cream cheese with the wing sauce and ranch dressing until all lumps are gone (either with a whisk or an electric mixer). Add in the boiled, shredded chicken. Mix well.

Pour into casserole dish (at least 8×8), sprinkle cheese on top, and cover with foil. Bake at 400 for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and bake until the cheese is bubbly in the center (another 10 minutes or so).

Serve hot with tortillas, bread, or veggie.

Note: Can also be done in a crockpot.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...