Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Elliptical Success!

It's been exactly 11 weeks since my knee surgery and I almost feel completely back to "normal." I still can't squat down to patient's level and stay there for a couple of minutes, but that will come. Otherwise, I'm not having pain, the swelling's gone, I can go up and down steps with out pain, and pretty much everything else.

Over the weekend I used the elliptical for 25 minutes at various inclines, resistances, etc, and then again today. I'm happy to announce the pain I used to get after 5 minutes is not there! Both times I did notice a slight dull ache around 15-17 minutes, but nothing near the sharp pains I used to have. I know I still need to keep up my strengthening exercises and I don't want to irritate the inflammation that's still healing by causing more, so I think I'll limit my elliptical workouts to once a week. I'm getting excited that I might actually be able to run again in the near future, but I don't want to get ahead of myself. For now, I'll still focus on my strengthening while the deep down inflammation of surgery is still healing.

1 comments:

Cheerful Homemaker said...

Yay!!! Normal is nice. :P

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...