Thursday, November 26, 2009

Snickerdoodles


We haven't made snickerdoodles for so long, Joe and I were forgetting how yummy they were. We only made half a batch and I'm glad for that, otherwise I think we'd eat the full batch just the two of us.

I found this recipe in a cookbook distributed by my grandmother's church.

INGREDIENTS:
1 1/2 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 3/4 cup flour
cinnamon sugar to coat (random mixture each time for me)

DIRECTIONS:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Mix butter, sugar, and eggs. Add other ingredients. Roll dough into balls and coat with cinnamon sugar mixture. I find the dough easier to work with if it's been refrigerated for an hour or so.

Place on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake 8-10 minutes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...