Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Ash Wednesday

For Christians, today is the start of Lent. I've been saying I'm in a faith crisis. Being in the medical profession, I don't feel like I can call something a crisis and not doing anything about it. So, for Lent this year, I'm going to try my darnest to go to church weekly. I haven't decided if I want to go back to giving Catholic Mass a try, or try something new and go to a Lutheran church. I guess I'll decide that on Sunday.

I had a brief thought to give up baking for Lent. This will definitely be difficult for me, but I changed my mind. I decided I'm just going to stick with going to church weekly. This way at the end of Lent I can't say, "well at least I stuck with something," if I only have one thing to which to stick.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Lent! It only takes 21 days to make a habit :)
Good luck with your promise. I failed mine on the first day I made it. Been going well since though.
I'm happy you are going to church. I noticed our church was overly full on Ash Wednesday... funny how that happens.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...