Saturday, February 6, 2010

Missed World Nutella Day!

I'm a little bummed I missed World Nutella Day yesterday. I admit, I haven't worked with Nutella much, but I love the taste and texture of it. I'll never forget my first experience with Nutella. My freshman year of undergrad, I took a trip with school to London. We made a day trip to Paris. We were running late and I kept saying we needed to get to the bus, no detours. On the way to the bus, we saw a crepe stand. I was torn. Here I was telling the rest of the group no stops until we get back to the bus, but that would mean I'd miss my chance to get a crepe from a vendor IN PARIS! Supposedly I had such a look of excitement when I saw the crepe stand, the rest of the group said there was no way they were going to let me leave Paris without getting my crepe. I ordered a banana and nutella crepe and I think it may have been the best dessert I've ever had.

Sigh. Oh how I miss Europe and travel adventures.

Well, back to Nutella Day. I've since marked Februrary 5th on my calendar as Nutella Day for next year. Maybe this way I'll remember to make something with nutella. I would make something using Nutella today, but I've been craving these pretzel bars, and I definitely don't need two sets of sweets around the house.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...