Saturday, February 20, 2010

Baking Fail

A couple of weeks ago, a recipe for chocolate chip, pretzel, peanut butter cookies is circulating the boards on the nest. Back in August I made these chocolate chip pretzel bars, and with all the talk of those cookies, I knew I had to make them to satisfy my craving. When I made them last time, I used a 9x13 pan. Don't get me wrong, they were delicious, but I thought perhaps I'd like them a little thicker. So I tried baking them in an 8x8 pan for the same amount of time. Yeah, that was a mistake.

I drizzled the chocolate and peanut butter on top, cut into the bars, and they're not done. (I tried the toothpick test, but kept getting chocolate). So I put the whole thing into the toaster oven to try to bake some more. Why the toaster oven? Well, I thought I was finished baking the cookies, so I started baking chicken for Tikka Masala and I didn't want the garlic and spices of the chicken to taint my yummy cookie bars. Eventually I smell burning...

As you can see, even after trying to rebake them, they're still not done. Plus, all of the beautiful, yummy chocolate and peanut butter toppings were burnt. I was so disappointed, but I didn't let a some burning get me down. Yes, I pulled out all of the ingredients and made another batch. This time I used the 9x13 pan.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

That recipe sounds delicous! I will have to try it out. I hate it when something doesn't work out the first time. I've had many baking mishaps.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...