Saturday, February 6, 2010

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium, #1) The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson


My rating: 4 of 5 stars
I've heard wonderful things about this book and fortunately I was not disappointed. I didn't think I was much of a mystery person, but I've really enjoyed the past two I've read. I just might have to throw mysteries in my books a little more often.

I personally thought there was an elevated sexual overtone and I did not realize there was some sexual assault in this book. When I read, I like to escape to another world, preferably without disturbing situations. Yes, I know mysteries involve a crime, so some settings are unavoidable.

I briefly looked up Larsson and saw he was a journalist as well. I wonder how much of Blomkvist is actually Larsson. Either way, I thought the characters were great, believable, and gruesome at times.

Story-wise, I loved it and look forward to reading the next book.

Narration wise, excellent.

View all my reviews >>

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...