Thursday, February 25, 2010

Happy 101

Lyndsey tagged me over at her blog, The Foster Following. I'm not quite going to follow the rules and tag ten people (I'm lazy like that), but I'll write ten things that make me happy.

1. My husband. Sometimes our sense of humor is completely different and sometimes he uses humor to deal with stress and I use tears, but he can always make me smile. He's also been my best friend for almost ten years now. While I probably still would have survived medical school on my own, I'm so glad he was there to support me in so many ways. I can't wait to see what else life has in store for us, especially since I start residency this summer.

2. Sleep. I used to be the type of person who would compromise on sleep. I've become almost obsessive about getting 8 hours a night. In general, I think I'm a much happier person because of that. Also, a great nap almost always acts as a great stress reliever.

3. Girls' Nights. While I love hanging out with my hubby and certainly enjoy couples, there's nothing like a great girls night. Fortunately I've collected multiple great groups of girls in my various phases of life.

4. Movie night with the rents and lil bro.

5. A good book. I adore reading.

6. Baking. I don't quite like the extra calories that baking exposes me to, and yes, it's quite difficult to bake something and not eat it, but I love the relaxing motions of baking and the joy of creating something.

7. Trying new recipes AND Joe liking them. Joe's a very, very picky eater. While I don't want to stop trying new recipes, I also want Joe to eat some of the recipes I try. I've been trying to pick more recipes that I think Joe will like. He's been trying them and liking them. I love cooking for people. It's just not as fun if I'm only cooking for myself.

8. Surprise money. It's always nice finding a large bill in a coat pocket, getting more than expected from tax refunds, etc.

9. Unexpected weight loss. While I try not to obsess about my weight and I'm certainly not on a diet, it's always nice to see a lower number on the scale.

10. A great workout. I've been very lazy this week, but truly, there's nothing like an endorphin high.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...