Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!

I'm not really big on Valentine's Day. Yes, it's nice to get flowers and chocolates, but I really feel like it's become a Hallmark holiday. I don't need a special day on the calendar to surprise Joe with a Caramello bar to show him I love him.

Today, going to through my google reader, I came across this storyboard and figured I'd use a wedding photo in honor of Valentine's day. If you haven't checked out Shadowhouse's blog before and like textures for photoshop, etc, I definitely recommend making a stop over there!

Since I am doing a Valentine's Day post, quick tidbits.

Our gifts to each other: I'm making crab cakes, Joe's cleaning up my mess. Yes, that's our practical nature. Joe did surprise me with flowers yesterday, but I almost feel like I guilted him into it. Yesterday he abruptly said, "I have to go run an errand." He went onto explain he needed a single bolt from Home Depot. I thought this was an odd story and perhaps a cover for going out to get me flowers. Nope. He truly went to Home Depot for a bolt. I mentioned how my suspicions were wrong and later that night came home to flowers. So sweet. Guilted or not, I definitely appreciate the thought!

This is our 9th Valentine's Day together.

Four days from now, February 18th, marks 4 years since Joe proposed. (wow, I really can't believe it's been that long).

It's snowing again in Omaha. Is it spring yet?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...