Sunday, February 14, 2010

Corn Casserole


I love corn. I love cornbread. When I saw this recipe on the Baltimore Nesties Cookbook, I knew I had to give it a try. I've tasted it both warm and cold, I definitely prefer it warm. Some say it's like a pudding, I think it's more like a super moist corn bread. I baked mine in a 9x13 pan. Next time I might try a smaller pan, but that could be detrimental as I found out with some cookie bars I tried last weekend (future post), so we'll see.

Recipe from SarahKate31 on Baltimore Nesties Cookbook (link above)

INGREDIENTS

1 can (15 oz) creamed corn
1 can (15 oz) drained whole kernel corn
1 box jiffy corn bread mix
1 cup (8 oz) light sour cream
1 stick of butter (softened)

DIRECTIONS

Preheat oven to 350, grease 9x13 pan. Mix all ingredients together in medium bowl. Spread into greased pan. Bake 45 minutes.

Joe didn't want to try it, so I ended up freezing half of the batch. I placed parchment paper between the cut pieces and stacked them before freezing.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yay, I'm glad you liked it! I have made this in a smaller dish (like 8 or 9 inch round or square) and that makes it easier to serve with a spoon, if you want to serve it that way.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...