Sunday, February 21, 2010

An Irish Country Girl

An Irish Country Girl: A Novel (Irish Country Books) An Irish Country Girl: A Novel by Patrick Taylor


My rating: 3 of 5 stars
I've had a busy month with school and today I decided I was finally going to sit down and finish Taylor's book. I'm glad Taylor helped us learn more about Mrs. Kinky Kincaid, but honestly, I'm getting bored. This is the fourth book in the series and they're almost all the same, style wise. Taylor tried to tell a love story, but that's just it--he told it. I didn't feel the emotions as well as I can in other books. Taylor threw some new characters in, which could increase interest, but not for me.

Truthfully, the first book in the series, An Irish Country Doctor, has been the best and the rest only mediocre since then. I keep hoping Taylor will surprise me with another Irish Country Doctor, but I think I've given up. I love reading books set in Ireland, but the series it getting too repetitive for me.

View all my reviews >>

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...