Monday, February 22, 2010

Things I wish I could say...

Being a medical student, I feel I could have plenty of material for some quite interesting blog posts. Unfortunately for you readers, there's this thing called HIPAA and I'm not at the liberty to talk about my patients. Don't get me wrong, this is definitely to the benefit of the patient and medicine, but sometimes I just want to tell you about patients I see. I'll be a good, professional medical student and keep my mouth shut.

I'd also love to share some of my oh so wonderful (note heavy sarcasm) experiences with some of the residents and attendings with whom I work. However, these same individuals evaluate me and it's best to bite my tongue about some things, well almost all things related to this. Who knows if they happen to randomly stumble across my blog. So, why some of the moments that infuriate me could infuriate you too, I must keep them to myself. (Don't get me wrong, I've also had plenty of wonderful experiences).

The fact that I can't blog about my life makes me a little sad. I don't want to expose my patients or co-workers, but this is such a huge part of my life. Yes, I enjoy baking and reading, but those are my hobbies. I'm almost a physician, and with that I've had many experiences that contribute quite a bit to who I am. You readers don't really get to see that part of me.

1 comments:

Lynsey Kaye said...

Hey, I tagged you on my blog today. Check it out! Have a great day!! :)

thefosterfollowing.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...