Monday, February 22, 2010

Chocolate Chip Macadamia Bread

Earlier this month I decided I want to try at least one recipe a month out of a cookbook. (I get most of mine off food blogs or magazines).

This weekend I made The Mixer Bible's Chocolate Chip Macadamia Bread. Since the recipe is from a published cook book, I'm not going to post it here.

First off, I had another baking fail. I used the designated pan size, cooking time, and oven temperature, but yet again it was undercooked. I tried cooking it some more, but that didn't work, yet again. I'm really hoping this isn't a start to a trend of baking fails.

Taste wise, it was OK. I think it would bake better as chocolate chip muffins than a bread. I added the macadamia nuts, but I didn't think the flavors complemented each other well. I've really only had macadamia nuts in white chocolate chip cookies. While, that wasn't the flavor I was expecting, the nuts still seemed a little odd in the bread.

Why such a crappy picture? I used my cell phone. Since it was such a horrible baking fail, I felt no need to pull out my SLR and try to get a good shot.

I'm hoping my next baking adventure is more successful!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm impressed with your commitment to keeping up the baking. I need to get back into it. For a while I was cooking one new meal a week. I seem to have found a bunch we both like so haven't expanded again.
good luck on the next adventure!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...