Saturday, April 10, 2010

Bailey's Chocolate Chip Cookies


I found this recipe on Books n Cooks and decided to give it a try. I'm not a coconut fan, so I omitted that. I personally didn't like the Bailey's. I thought it took away from the divinity of a chocolate chip cookie. However, I really liked the texture using cake flour produced. I think I'll have to try adapting a chocolate chip recipe and use cake flour one of these days.

INGREDIENTS:

1/2 c. unsalted butter
1/2 c. granulated sugar
1/2 c. brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 c. Bailey’s original Irish cream liquor
2 1/4 c. cake flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
6 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
3/4 c. coconut (omitted)

DIRECTIONS:

  • Preheat oven to 375F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
  • In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter, sugars and eggs on high-speed until fluffy.
  • Add vanilla and Bailey’s until combined.
  • Add cake flour, baking soda and salt.
  • With a rubber spatula, fold in chocolate chips and coconut.
  • Using a tablespoon, drop dough on prepared baking sheets.
  • Bake for 8-10 minutes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...