Saturday, April 17, 2010

Women, Food, and God

Women, Food, and God: An Unexpected Path to Almost Everything Women, Food, and God: An Unexpected Path to Almost Everything by Geneen Roth


My rating: 3 of 5 stars
I think my expectations were too high going into this book. As a teenager, I struggled with anorexia, which later turned into compulsive eating. Having gone through therapy, a lot of Roth's ideas were not new to me. She hit the nail on the head, but nothing really jumped out and spoke to me personally.

I've also been struggling with my faith for a year to two. I really took the title to heart. I think I was hoping this book would show me a way to reconnect with my faith or that I'm feeling distant in my faith because of my history of disordered eating. That wasn't the case.

I think this book could be spiritual and beneficial for some, but it wasn't for me.

View all my reviews >>

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...