Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Lemon Curd


Where have I been? Oh my goodness, this stuff is delicious! I'm using as a filling for a bread, but this would also make a great cake filling, or even on top an English muffin. I'm sure it's not the most healthy topping out there though.

Recipe adapted from All Recipes

INGREDIENTS:

3 eggs
1/4 cup melted butter
1 cup sugar (I used vanilla sugar because I had some on hand)
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (3-4 lemons)
2 tablespoons lemon zest (the original recipe calls for one, but it wasn't lemony enough for me, so I added another)

DIRECTIONS:

1. Pull your double boiler out from the back of your cabinet
2. Beat eggs and sugar in top of double boiler.
3. Add remaining ingredients. Stir
4. Cook over simmering water for about 15 minutes, until thickened, stirring occasionally.

I assume you want to let it cool before using, so that's my plan.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...