Thursday, April 15, 2010

Mango Salsa

I am so glad it's spring time finally! I'm in such a better mood when it's warm and sunny out. This salsa makes an excellent dip. I also used it as a topping for my grilled chicken. Deliciousness! My avocado was very ripe, so it's didn't really stay diced--it mostly mashed up when I stirred everything.

Recipe inspired by Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes


2 Mangoes, diced
1 plum tomato, diced
1 jalapeno, seeded and diced (I may try more next time)
1 clove of garlic, minced (may try two next time)
1 avocado, diced (may try two if serving to a crowd)
1 lime, juice only
1/4 cup chopped cilantro (or more)
1/4 cup chopped red onion
1/2 teaspoon cumin
salt and pepper to taste


Combine all ingredients. Let marinate for at least 30 minutes before serving. Enjoy!


Nica said...

Found this on Pinterest, tried it out tonight and it was a delicious side for our Jalepeno Grilled chicken! Thanks!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...