Thursday, April 15, 2010

Mango Salsa

I am so glad it's spring time finally! I'm in such a better mood when it's warm and sunny out. This salsa makes an excellent dip. I also used it as a topping for my grilled chicken. Deliciousness! My avocado was very ripe, so it's didn't really stay diced--it mostly mashed up when I stirred everything.

Recipe inspired by Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes

INGREDIENTS:

2 Mangoes, diced
1 plum tomato, diced
1 jalapeno, seeded and diced (I may try more next time)
1 clove of garlic, minced (may try two next time)
1 avocado, diced (may try two if serving to a crowd)
1 lime, juice only
1/4 cup chopped cilantro (or more)
1/4 cup chopped red onion
1/2 teaspoon cumin
salt and pepper to taste

DIRECTIONS:

Combine all ingredients. Let marinate for at least 30 minutes before serving. Enjoy!

1 comments:

Nica said...

Found this on Pinterest, tried it out tonight and it was a delicious side for our Jalepeno Grilled chicken! Thanks!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...