Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Banana Cream Cheesecake

Photo from Kraft Foods

Here's another recipe I've been meaning to try for ages. Personally, I think it's a wonderful combination of banana and cheesecake. And in fact, the crust is to die for! Like most of my baking right now, I shared it with my class mates--nothing but raves! I think I'm going to add this to the cycle of desserts I make for parties. Enjoy!

Recipe copied from Kraft Foods

INGREDIENTS:

1 pkg. (2-layer size) white cake mix, divided
4 eggs, divided
3 Tbsp. oil
2/3 cup packed brown sugar, divided
2 bananas, sliced (I used 3)
2 pkg. (8 oz. each) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
1-1/2 cups milk
1-1/2 cups thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping

DIRECTIONS:

HEAT oven to 300ºF. Reserve 1 cup dry cake mix. Mix remaining cake mix with 1 egg, oil and 1/3 cup sugar with mixer. (Mixture will be crumbly.) Press onto bottom and 1 inch up sides of greased 13x9-inch baking pan; top with bananas.

BEAT cream cheese and remaining sugar with mixer. Add reserved cake mix, remaining eggs and lemon juice; beat 1 min. Blend in milk. (Batter will be very thin.) Pour into crust.

BAKE 45 to 50 to min. or until center is almost set. Cool. Refrigerate 4 hours. Top with COOL WHIP. Refrigerate leftovers.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...