Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter

For Christians, today is Easter-a celebration of the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

When Lent started, instead of giving something up, I said I wanted to work on my faith and go to church weekly. The truth is, I didn't go to church once during Lent. I'm not even sure I'm going to go today. I did abstain from meat on Fridays. While I know it's not much and it's not fasting, it was nice to be aware of why I chose the vegetarian option.

I've never felt so distant in my faith before. For the longest time, I enjoyed the rituals of the Catholic faith. Right now, I don't feel like the Catholic Church is what I want. I like rituals, but I don't like the heirarchy and sometimes I feel so distant from the Church leaders. The fact is, I need to start exploring different denominations. Faith has always been an important part of my life and I've drifted way too far from it. Here's my fear and reluctance...I'm moving in 6 weeks. I feel that if I'm going to make this serious spiritual journey, I want to start it in a church where I can stay. However, I'm getting impatient. I'll see what happens with time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...