Sunday, March 28, 2010

Diet Red Velvet Cupcakes

I've never really tried Red Velvet cake before and wanted to give it a try. I found a diet version and said, "what the heck." Yeah. I don't know why I ever thought a diet cupcake could taste good. Even with my addition of an extra 1/4 cup of sugar in the batter and extra confectioner sugar in the icing I wasn't satisfied. I've been using whole wheat flour in my muffins, but this was the first time I tried it in a cake mix. Definitely a no no! I feel like the cupcakes are too mealy and I think it's because of the whole wheat flour. Either way, I attempted to make chocolate Easter eggs to decorate the icing, so I still wanted to take a picture and blog about them.

Since I never plan to make these again, I won't write up the recipe. However, it can be found on Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes.

Update: I shared these with my classmates today and they said they liked them, so it might just be my taste buds.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...