Saturday, March 27, 2010

Year of Wonders

Year of Wonders: A Novel of the Plague Year of Wonders: A Novel of the Plague by Geraldine Brooks


My rating: 3 of 5 stars
So it seems right now that the only books I'm finishing are audio books.  I can't seem to let myself sit down and enjoy a paper book.  I feel like I have so many other things I need to do.

This wasn't my favorite Brooks book I've read, but I did enjoy it.  I believe Brooks did a wonderful job capturing the emotions and limited thinking of the era.  Death and disease can destroy people and Brooks hit that nail on the head.

I also liked seeing how Anna grew in many ways.  Brooks explored her thoughts of being a mother, her thoughts on religion, and her struggles with being in a lower class.

Overall, I enjoyed the book.

View all my reviews >>

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...