Friday, March 12, 2010

Jen's Baby Bib


It's been quite a while since I completed a cross stitch project. Heck, it's been quite a while since I did some serious cross stitching to begin with. With Jen's baby shower coming up, I knew I wanted to cross-stitch a bib for her little one. I made one way back when mom was pregnant with my little brother. I remember it didn't take too long to make, so I started it about two weeks before the shower. Umm...yeah, one of those two weeks I was still on my surgery rotation and the second I was starting a new rotation where I needed to use my evenings to catch up on reading. I found myself wondering if I'd really have enough time to finish the project. Before I left Omaha for Baltimore, I finished all of the colors and only had the back stitching left. Fortunately I finished it the evening before her shower, but I was definitely cutting it close.

As an aside, it felt so good to be cross stitching again. I don't really know what it is, but I definitely get a sense of calmness with the repetitive movements. I hope to start another project this weekend, but I've still yet to decide what design I'm going to stitch. I hope to finish it in the near future, but only time will tell. I'm ashamed to admit how many unfinished cross-stitch projects I have already.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...