Monday, March 22, 2010

Nutella Banana Muffins


Last weekend I woke up craving a crepe with nutella and banana. I didn't feel like making crepes, so I decided to give banana muffins with nutella a try. Truthfully, while these muffins were tasty, it wasn't the nutella flavor for which I was looking. Next time I want nutella and banana muffins, I think I'll just go back to this yumminess I made this fall.

Recipe adapted from Crepes of Wrath.

INGREDIENTS

1 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup white whole wheat flour
3/4 cup granulated white sugar
1 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
2 large eggs
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
3 very ripe large bananas, mashed
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2/3 cup Nutella

DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

2. In a large bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Set aside.

3. In a medium-sized bowl combine the mashed bananas, eggs, nutella, melted butter, and vanilla. With a rubber spatula, lightly fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients just until combined and the batter is thick and chunky. (The important thing is not to over mix the batter).

4. Scrape batter into prepared muffin tin. Bake until muffins are golden brown and a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean, about 15 minutes (25 minutes for jumbo muffins). Yields 24 regular muffins.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...