Saturday, March 6, 2010

Sweet Potato, Coconut, and Ginger Soup

I know I said I wasn't going to copy the recipes from the cookbooks, but I really enjoyed this one and just had to share! The flavors blend extremely well together. This isn't really a weekly soup, but definitely a nice, warm mix of flavors.

Recipe adapted from The Mixer Bible.

INGREDIENTS:
1 Can (14oz) Coconut Milk
1 2 inch piece of ginger root, peeled and cut into matchsticks
2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into cubish shapes
3 cups chicken stock
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon cumin (I kind of just sprinkled some in, so I'm estimating here)
Pinch cayenne pepper
Freshly ground pepper
1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice

DIRECTIONS:
In a dutch oven (or large saucepan), simmer all ingredients, except the lime juice, over medium heat for 20 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.

Use immersion blender to puree ingredients. (The Mixer Bible instructed me to use the fruit/vegetable strainer, but I don't have one, so I just used the immersion blender). I'm sure you can put the ingredients into a blender or food processor and get the same result.

Add the lime juice. Adjust seasonings to taste.

Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...