Sunday, September 13, 2009

Apple Bread


I've been in search for espresso powder since I made the peanut butter torte, but I've yet to find it. While driving the other day, I came across Penzey's Spices, but they didn't have it either. However, while I was there I picked up their fall catalog with this recipe. I halved the recipe since I didn't want two loaves, recipe below is the full recipe. I'd give it a B+ only because I prefer Jewish apple cake.

INGREDIENTS:

Bread:
4 cups apples, peeled, cored, and chopped (4-5 apples)
4 large eggs, beaten
1 cup vegetable oil
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
3 cups flour
2 cups sugar

Topping:
3/4 cup flour
1/4 cup sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup butter (1 stick)

DIRECTIONS:

Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease two bread loaf pans. Peel, core, and slice apples; cut into 1 inch pieces. In large bowl, beat eggs with electric mixer until fluffy. Add oil and beat until combined. Add vanilla, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Beat until thoroughly combined. Add flour and sugar and mix on low until just blended. Beat on high until mixture is smooth. Fold in apples. Spoon batter into the two pans.

Topping: combine flour, sugar, and cinnamon in small bowl. Cut butter into mixture until moist and crumbly. Sprinkle topping on the two loaves.

Bake about 1 hour. Cool on rack.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...