Friday, September 25, 2009

Scratch Pediatric Endocrinologist...

...off the list of future professions. I'm about 85% sure I want to go into general pediatrics, but I'm still keeping my mind open to specialties. I took an endocrinology class in undergrad and loved it. It's amazing how the body's hormones control so many things in such an ordered fashion. So, these past two weeks, I spent my time rotating in the pediatric endocrinology clinic. It was only OK for me. The endo cases themselves are interesting, but there's not much variety. Almost every patient was a growth hormone deficiency or hypothyroid patient. We'd maybe have one congenital adrenal hyperplasia patient or type one diabetes patient a day. (Most of the diabetes patients were seen by nurse practitioners). I'm not going to lie, I was bored after two weeks, I can't imagine seeing the same cases over and over my whole life. Yes, I know the patients get sick and some cases are more interesting than others, but it's just not for me. I'm realizing more and more how much I like well-child checks and the teaching opportunities for general well being general peds offers me. Plus, as a general pediatrician, I'll still see the endocrine disorders, but I'll also see lots of other things too.

1 comments:

Masonava said...

This article is very much convincing and appealing. I have got to learn a lot from this article. You might be having the curiosity to know about our company and what business we are dealing with. If you are looking for the client list to achieve your business goals, E-Health Care Lists helps you in reaching that goal by providing you with the prepackaged and customized database which helps you to come across the qualified and interested audiences that places an immediate order for your products. Please refer to Endocrinologist mailing list & email list for more information.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...