Saturday, September 19, 2009

Ugh. Parents!


As a future pediatrician, I know that I am going to deal with all types of parents and I'm going to disagree with their parenting on a fairly regular basis. My pet peeve right now--wrestling! I don't know much about wrestling, but I know before each match the kid has to weigh in. Well parents, when your kid grows an inch, it's OK that he's gained 10 pounds, especially when he's still on the same percentage of the growth curve. So parent, you should not be telling him he's going home and running to lose those ten pounds so he can weigh into the lower weight class. Come on! Let your kid grow and accept he may not win as many matches in the next weight class, but that's where his body's supposed to be!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...