Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Post-Op Day 6

I have been completely beat all day.

Yesterday I went shopping with Joe for about 2 hours and today I woke up with a killer back. I don't know if my back pain was due to walking around or the joys of being a woman. I would love to take a hot bath and soak, but I can't until my stitches are out...two more days.

Today I was itching to try some new recipes, but I needed to go to the store to get the ingredients. Between shopping and cooking, I've been on my feet at least 6 hours today. My knee's feeling fine, but I just feel like it's taking more energy than usual to do everyday tasks. I didn't finish my baking, I'll do that tomorrow.

My big accomplishment of today - going up the stairs using both feet. My knee still feels too weak to go down the steps alternating feet, but I'm glad I'm starting to be able to put more weight on it.

Pain wise, honestly my back hurts so much more. My knee pain is the worst when I wake up, but as soon as I get moving around, it starts to feel better. I'm still taking ibuprofen on a regular basis, but I can now go longer in between doses.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...