Thursday, January 7, 2010

Week 1 - Aperture

If you know me in real life, you know I love my online message boards. What can I say, I've fallen for the virtual world. I sometimes frequent a photography board of mostly hobbyists trying to hone their skills. I've really only posted on the board once, but does that matter?

Either way, a group of them is doing a twelve week photo course found on Two Peas' site. From what I can tell, the course ran last year, but this link will take you to the pdf files for all 12 weeks.

The first week's course focuses on aperture. Bascialy, changing your aperture (f stop) is a way to change the focus of your photos.

For the sake of my learning and being able to truly see the difference, these photos are straight out of the camera (SOOC). I tried taking some photos at higher f-stops, but there wasn't enough light and I got camera shake waiting for the shutter. All photos were taken with a 50mm lens.

Exposure: 1/45 Aperture: 1.4 ISO: 800


Exposure: 1/3 Aperture: 6.7 ISO: 800


Exposure: 1/2 Aperture: 11.0 ISO: 800 (It doesn't look as sharp as it could, call it camera shake effect).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...